Position: Marketing & Content Coordinator
Marketing & Content Coordinator
Gqeberha (hybrid work arrangement)
Account Lead / Operations Director
We are looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Marketing & Content Coordinator to work closely with the Account Lead on one of our main accounts. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing major workflow with the client, including coordinating appointments, handling meetings, facilitating project coordination between the client and GNL, and ensuring smooth workflow progression.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO) THE FOLLOWING…
- Appointment Coordination: Assist in scheduling appointments with the client’s staff members/departments.
- Meeting Management: Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and capture comprehensive meeting minutes, outcomes and actions required by GNL and the client.
- Workflow Management: Coordinate and facilitate workflow and production within GNL to ensure prompt action on client requests and marketing needs, using project management software (at the moment, this is Asana) to manage projects and ensure smooth production and project execution. Keep a vigilant eye on project deadlines and ensure seamless workflow progression, requiring meticulous attention to detail and organisation.
- Issue Resolution: Follow up with the client on pending or outstanding issues needing resolution – to eliminate workflow blockages and maintain project momentum.
- Reporting and Analytics: Develop, maintain (and where necessary, improve on) digital analytics reporting for the client which tracks the performance of their digital messaging and public relations campaigns.
- Quarterly/Ad-hoc Reviews: Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and ad-hoc review meetings with the client reviewing the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns and related initiatives executed by GNL.
- Service Provider Liaison/Management: Liaise with service providers to ensure smooth project management and marketing plan execution (such as requesting print quotes from printers, and overseeing submissions for printing), and managing collection/delivery logistics between the service provider and GNL.
- Design Briefs: Receive design briefs for marketing materials (such as posters or other ad hoc designs) and ensure effective communication with the relevant teams (internally within GNL and with the client, to manage client expectations and to properly brief the GNL team on what is required by the client).
- Content Management: Retrieve the necessary assets and information from the client needed by GNL to action and execute client marketing projects (such as information needed for content creation) – briefing these into the GNL production schedule and assigning them to the relevant team members.
- Content Development: Where necessary, help create the necessary content required by the client (for example, with regards to digital business card development: create the assets using the relevant applications).
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Quality Assurance: Conduct quality assurance checks on content before securing client approval.
- Project Handling: Manage multiple projects simultaneously, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure on-time delivery.
- Strategic Integration: Contribute to project conceptualisation, integrating strategic digital marketing considerations into all aspects of the work.
- Efficiency Improvement: Identify and resolve bottlenecks in the production process to enhance efficiency and deliverable quality.
- Client Communication: Efficiently relay client briefs, requests, and prerequisites to internal teams, providing guidance on core client needs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field (preferred).
- Proven experience in digital content creation, or a similar role.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with online project management tools like Asana.
- A solid understanding of digital marketing strategies.
- Problem-solving ability and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organisational finesse.
- Effective communication skills.
- Keen project management abilities.
- Strong grasp of digital marketing.
- Proactive and results-driven.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and relevant experience via our website.
- Good News Lab is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
- Good News Lab reserves the right to make changes to this job description as needed.